There’s a reason why espressos are simply the best coffee experience there ever will be. The taste is just classic. It is go-to of many coffee lovers, and that smell is just intoxicating. It’s almost natural for everyone to agree that espressos have changed our views on how we should really enjoy our coffee.But, it is a general truth that espressos are a coffeehouse-style drink that requires an amazingly powerful machine to make one. And these huge machines don’t really fit well with any home décor concept unless of course you have your own DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Maker sitting in one corner of your kitchen.
We used to think that lattes, frappes, cappuccinos and espressos were a luxury in life. That may be true—if you were living twenty five years ago. There are many homes now with their own mini-coffee shops, moms and dads getting their brewed coffee instantly. Coffee machines have now become an essential part of the kitchen these days, simply because of the convenience it offers. However, if this is your first time getting a coffee machine, keep reading this review until the end. You’ll find out why the DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Maker is on the top of every coffee-lover’s list.
Comparison Facts of DeLonghi EC860 Vs Capresso 118.05 EC PRO
Jump to right section
- A stainless steel exterior is always a much appreciated design for coffee enthusiasts. Both the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker and the Capresso 118.05 EC PRO get top marks on that aspect. However, it is the De’Longhi that has a modern look while the Capresso has this dated box style design that will raise eyebrows.
- Both machines will not be leaving a small footprint in your kitchen, but the De’Longhi EC860 has the more sleek silhouette that more than makes up for its semi-bulkiness.
- The DeLonghi EC860 Maker is a single-serving machine while the Capresso 118.05 EC PRO can serve two cups at a time.
- The two machines can make espresso based beverages like cappuccino, latte, lungo and frappe—but the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker is the only one that comes with a milk reservoir to make each cup more pleasurable with instant milk froths.
- Durability for both the De’Longhi EC860 and the Capresso 118.05 EC PRO Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is unquestionable. But it is the former that has been standing strong since 1990 against brands that come and go.
Key Features of the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker
A Powerful Performing Machine
From the moment you unbox the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker to placing it on your counter top for a quick inspection, you’d know straight away it will perform in a classy quality at all times. Its first units were released to homes in the 1990’s with the promise of making coffee a different experience with every cup.
The De’Longhi brand has always been the first in the race like sporting a full-metal compact model with improved cleaning and milk quality. It is also the first to feature an automatic milk system.
Don’t be surprised if your grandpa recommends this to you. This machine is a true classic that isn’t fading from the pages of history just yet.
Convenient and Compact
The DeLonghi EC860 Espresso Maker stands at 10.6 by 12.2 by 12 inches at weigh in at 15 pounds. This machine is one of the forerunners of espresso makers built specifically for homes that start their mornings very busily. The process of brewing your coffee for you (using raw ingredients) starts with setting up the espresso, the milk and then the cup. Press the button and your coffee will be ready in a minute. It has a pre-heating feature of 25 seconds, so waiting for your cup of caffeine really isn’t an issue.
The option of using espresso pods is also available. This means, once you get the hang of things, you can be free to do your own experimental recipes. If this is your first espresso maker, the De’Longhi EC860 provides you with an instruction book making less room for guesswork.
With a busy morning in the house—cooking breakfast, making sure the kids are getting ready for school, reviewing that file for the luncheon meeting—a coffee machine that can go to standby mode automatically after not being used for a period time is a huge help. Not only are you assured of the safety of your children, but you’ll also rest easily if grandma and grandpa are left alone to make their own cups.
This standby mode is an energy saving feature that is also helpful to the environment.
Premium Quality Espresso All the Time
Equipped with a 15-bar high-pressure pump, the espressos that come out of this coffee machine is sure to satisfy you with every single cup. Whether you use raw ingredients or pods, the espresso that the De’Longhi EC860 makes are the same ones that revolutionized the coffee-drinking world.
This bar system of the coffee machine shows what properly brewed coffee should look like—dark color at the bottom, light brown in the middle and creamy white on top. The brewing process also makes your kitchen smell like heaven.
Comes with a Milk Reservoir and Frother
What’s more pleasing than a cup of good espresso is a cup of good espresso with a fluffy and creamy milk froth on top that will leave you wanting for more. Most espresso enthusiasts do admit to their addiction to froth which is why the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker has (yet again) given you that availability by equipping their machine with a milk reservoir and frother. This is by far, the most inviting feature for coffee lovers who just can’t get enough of froth.
Makes Four Different Kinds of Coffee
With a simple push of a button, you can choose to go for a latte, cappuccino, espresso or lungo. This machine has a patented automatic system that makes coffee and it makes it fast, easy and twice as good as any coffee shop or high-end cafes and hotels. Not only does the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker perform efficiently, this machine is so flexible making your own mix is almost a necessary next step.
Easy to Use
If you’re feeling like a fancy barista all of a sudden, then the professional filter holder can help you get that perfect crema since it has an integrated system for both ground coffee or espresso pods. The De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker is equipped with flow-stop buttons that controls the quantity of a cup of espresso, cappuccino and even milk. There is also a programmable menu at the ready that lets you choose the temperature of the coffee in three ways. This is also the menu that will set the water hardness as well as the automatic shutoff for every pull of coffee.
Like most coffee machines, the water tank holding the 35 ounces of water can be removed. Inside the tank is a filter and a descaler that takes care of mineral build-ups. The drip tray comes off for clean-ups and rinses fast and easy. Since the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker has a stainless steel exterior, cleaning up drips and spills will be easy and quick.
Furthermore, the steam wand, which can be used alternately with the milk frother, is self-cleaning.
What We Like DeLonghi EC860
- You instantly have your own mini coffee shop in your house with the De-Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker.
- It sits well with the other appliances in the kitchen. The modern design makes it look attractive as if it was an intentional part of the room’s design motif.
- You don’t need to brush or scrub the steam wand thanks to the automatic rinsing system in place.
- The milk carafe can be put into the fridge after your cup of espresso is made.
- Your cups are always warm with the warming tray.
- Raw espresso or espresso pods can both be used by the machine.
- Make latte, cappuccino, espresso and lungo in a push of a button.
What We Don’t Like about DeLonghi EC860
- Cups that are 3 ½ inches above cannot fit in the tray.
- If you mess up the process, you will not see an instant espresso.
- Getting all the milk off the steam wand will require wiping it with wet cloth.
- Some types of ground espresso makes the filter perform less effectively.
A tasty espresso in the convenience of your own home is the promise of the De’Longhi EC860 Espresso Maker. And it does that and so much more as it is flexible enough to allow you to make your own recipes the moment you figure out the controls of the machine isn’t that complicated.
It is an astounding machine that will do nothing but impress, even the coffee experts, as it can produce premium quality espressos that will make high-end coffee shops and cafes run for their money. If you want an espresso maker with the full package but with good looks and fits perfectly on your countertop, then all we can say is that this is the coffee machine that will do wonders for you.